Information Notice for Healthcare Professionals
The information we collect
When you enter into a contract with Teva Nederland B.V. (‘Teva’), apply for information on a website of Teva or otherwise submit a request for information to Teva, we may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Your profession, your medical specialism, your expertise, your professional interests and the organization you are associated with;
- Your gender;
- Your professional contact details, such as your email address, postal address and contact telephone number;
- Information related to our contracts with you, such as type of contract, duration, and any applicable direct or indirect transfers of value made to you by Teva. This could be in connection with fee for service / consultancy and related expenses agreed in the relevant contract, and/or registration fees, travel and accommodation costs in connection with events organized by Teva or by a third party;
- Your participation in our trainings, symposia, congresses, seminars;
- Our communication with you. When we send you a newsletter or information by email, we may receive an automatic notification when you open the newsletter or click on a link in such a newsletter. When you call us, our customer support will register your questions or complaints in our database. We may also record telephone calls for training purposes or to prevent or combat fraud.
How we use and share your information
Your data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships and communication with you, notably for the following purposes:
- Carrying-out and follow-up training, information and communication actions for example to invite you to symposia, congress, seminars, carry out market research, scientific cooperation or research;
- Management of contracts we have with you, and in some cases management of payroll;
- Organizing and planning medical and promotional visits and meetings and additional marketing activities;
- Tailoring our communication to you based on your expertise and professional interests. To understand what is relevant to you, we may use automatic tools to collect, combine and analyze the personal information described above. For example, if our analysis shows that you may be interested in certain types of product information, we may customize our newsletter with offers and content that we believe will be relevant to you. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes any time by using the unsubscribe link provided in each communication or by contacting us at the email address below.
- Performing statistics. We use automatic tools to perform statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services and the characteristics and professional interests of our health care professionals and prospects. To perform our research, we may merge and analyze the different types of data as described above. We will only use aggregated data and do not use name, email address or other directly identifying information. We may also combine such aggregated data with information we receive from our group companies.
- Complying with all legal obligations including disclosure obligations (e.g. under the EFPIA Disclosure Code).
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds: to perform our contract with you, to comply with legal obligations we are subject to, on the basis of your consent or our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party as described in this policy.
Your personal data might be shared with:
- authorized staff of Teva with a need to know;
- authorized service providers and processors which assist us in the management of our activities (for instance for sending our newsletters);
- relevant authorities.
How long we store information and your rights
Teva is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data described in this information notice. You can contact us at the email address below. Teva’s Data Protection Officer is Esther van Hoek. You can contact her at EUprivacy@tevaeu.com.
In accordance with applicable data protection law, your data is retained for 5 years.
You may be entitled under applicable law to ask Teva for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or to ask us to transfer some of this information to other organisations. You may also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate we have a legal requirement to process your data.
These rights can be exercised by sending an email at the following address: EUprivacy@tevaeu.com. You can also contact us at this email address if you have any questions, remarks or complaints in relation to this information notice. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, http://www.dutchdpa.nl) located in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Where information is transferred to a service provider or processor located in a country outside the European Union, these are protected through a valid basis, such as a program, which the European Commission has deemed to provide adequate protection or the use of signed Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses. If you wish to receive a copy of these clauses, please contact Teva’s Data Protection Officer at EUprivacy@tevaeu.com.
 EFPIA Disclosure Code: European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations Code on disclosure of Transfers of Value from pharmaceutical companies to healthcare professionals and healthcare organisations.